I started my journey on 11/11/11 with a plan to be at my goal of “Happy, Healthy, 195″ by 12/12/12. One year, one month, one day. 88 lbs to lose.
Two months in… Down 27.6 pounds!
To everyone one I know, thank you! I could not have gotten this far without your loving support and I hope it continues. Please tell your friends about this site, I aim to help other over-weight people to LOSE! Let’s share tips, knowledge of healthy weight loss plans, healthy product reviews, and let’s start a conversation about getting healthier!
So you all might be asking… What’s worked for Jon thus far?
- No Soda Pop: No diet, no regular, no “Zero” just water, juices, and the occasional alcoholic beverage… or two!
- No Caffeine: Synthetic energy was making me sluggish!
- No Fast Food: This was a HUGE one for me, not only did I stop eating it, I stopped paying for it! $$$! (Unless it’s a low fat salad or sandwich)
- More Fruits: Eating little orange “Cuties”, apples, bananas, and berries is better than a packaged dessert (plus it’s lower calorie and fresh)
- More Vegetables: Lettuce is a friend, eggplant is awesome, roasted veggies, steamed veggies, name it… I have eaten it! (Sans mushrooms and fresh tomatoes… yuck)
- Less CARB: Some carbs are good, most carbs are bad(for me especially as I am allergic to gluten!) Minimize white breads and pasta and replace with vegetables.
- Ch”EAT”ing is OKAY!: I worked hard to eat well at least 5 times a week… and 2 days I would “chEAT.” Then it was only 1. Now it’s only special occasions.
- Eat EVERY meal: I make sure to eat Breakfast, which may even be at 11 a.m. when I wake up on a day off. It’s okay to delay and rearrange to fit your schedule as long as you are keeping the “tank” full!
- “Count” Calories: Find an app (like Lose It!, MyFitnessPal, etc.) or write down the calories in a food diary for at least 2 weeks. I became a tracking master and now after 2 months I can see how my loss is going and track back to my greatest achievements and review weak points.
- Weigh It!: Use a food scale. This makes it easier to track calories and get to know the food you’re eating.
- Keep On It: This isn’t losing 30 pounds to look good in a swimsuit… this is for life! I work at this to become healthier for me and for my future.
- Kick It!: Get off the heavily processed junk food and eat the good stuff!
If you guys have any tips you can pass on from your experiences, comments on mine, or have questions please comment or send in a message! (& don’t forget to tell your friends! Share this on Facebook by clicking the logo below!)
To Healthy Living!